500 for the FIVE
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR THE MSOP ALUMNUS OF THE YEAR
The Alumnus of the Year should be one who:
- . . . is exemplary in Christian living (Rom. 12:1,2; I Thess. 2:10).
- . . . faithfully proclaims the whole counsel of God (Acts 20:27; II Tim. 4:1-4).
- . . . has continued to demonstrate primary devotion to preaching for a period of at least ten (10) years (Acts 4:20; Jer. 10:9).
- . . . is a fitting example of humble service (Eph. 4:1-3; II Cor. 10:18).
- . . . has manifested fruitful labors whereby men may glorify God (Matt. 5:16).
- . . . has demonstrated his willingness to make personal sacrifices for the cause of Christ [health, financial/deprivation, etc. etc.] (Phil. 3:4-11; II Cor. 11:23-28).
- . . . if he is married, he has been supported in his work by a wife "faithful in all things" (I Tim. 3:11).
- . . . if he is married, and has children, those children must respect their parents and revere God (Titus 1:6).
- . . . has lent his moral support to MSOP (attended lectureships, etc.).
- The chairman and committee members are ineligible for consideration as nominees.
Chairman Mark_Reynolds firstname.lastname@example.org
Melvin Hampton (1989), Dewey Medlin (1990), Rod Rutherford (1991), Jim Dearman (1992), John Barcus (1993), Skip Andrews (1994), Bobby Gayton (1995), Nick Deiger (1996), Bobby Liddell (1997), Hermon Doss (1998), Dean Gittings Jr. (1999), Ted J. Clarke (2000), Don Rhodes (2001), Jerry Martin (2002), Billy Bland (2003), Bob Spurlin (2004), Gideon Rodriguez (2005), Anthony Hixson (2006), Jeff O'Dell (2007), Michael R. McDaniel (2008), Eddy Gilpin (2009), Keith A. Mosher Sr. (2010), Preston Silcox (2011), Riley Nelson (2012), Barry Hatcher (2013), Albert McDaniel (2014), Robert Knox (2015), Gerald Reynolds (2016), Allen Webster (2017).
Committee members are past recipients of the Alumnus of the year award.
- Past or present financial contributions or fund raising for MSOP will not be a determining factor in selection of nominees.
- To make a nomination for this award, please contact Mark Reynolds at the e-mail address above.